Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Way We Wear Fair

Yesterday I went to The Way We Wear Fair with my friend Kate. Kate has amazing 1950s style and I’m a bit more eclectic, so we parted ways, myself with strict instructions not to find her anything that was fluoro or shoulder-padded, and Kate with strict instructions to find me exactly those things. Sadly, most of what I wanted was a little above and beyond my student budget, but it was worthwhile going along just to see so many beautiful, unique clothes in one place. One of my favourite stalls housed a selection of vintage hats, sourced from places like Paris, New York and Italy – perfect for spring racing.

My ‘must have’ piece was a pair of Ray-Bans from the early 90s, trimmed with LIZARD SKIN! However, on enquiry about the price, I realised that it was a choice between those and re-registering my car. So in the end they were a ‘can’t have’ piece. Still kind of regret that. I could have got the bus.

The fair is only on until the end of the weekend, so you’d better get down to the Albert Hall quick smart! Entry is $12, but it’s well worth it. If you can’t make it this time, make a note in your diary for the next one, scheduled for 16, 17 and 18 July 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment