Thursday, November 26, 2009

Video Me

Like JJ on Skins S3, I occasionally get ‘locked on’ to something, and at the moment it is Beyonce’s ‘Video Phone’ film clip. I can’t log on to a computer without Youtubing it, and I actually sat watching it over and over the other night for AN HOUR before I realised the time. She manages to be incredibly sexy as well as fashion forward, which is a difficult thing to accomplish – her outfits include a military-style leotard/jacket with square shoulder pads, a skin coloured silicone bra, bangles stacked to the elbow, sequinned high-waisted shorts (which I REALLY REALLY WANT) and various jumpsuits with matching evening gloves. The remix features Lady Gaga. And none of the men have faces.

Another of my current favourites is Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance' clip. It appears to be set in a mental asylum, which is fitting considering that she may actually be insane. But I love that she wears whatever weird shit she wants without trying to be sexy - including those terrifying-but-somehow-desirable Alexander McQueen 'Armadillo' heels.



If you like stylish boys (and who doesn't?) check out Kid Cudi's 'Make Her Say' clip, featuring Kanye West and Common. Kanye DOES appear to be wearing horrid yellow hiking boots (seems he can't do anything right lately) but Cudi's clubmasters and trilby more than compensate. Plus the direction is superb!

And I just realised that Lady Gaga is somehow involved in ALL of those videos!

2 comments:

  1. I love that Cudi clip! More men with good dress worth listening to are Fonsworth Bently 'Every body' and Mr Hudson and The Library 'Too late, too late'

    ReplyDelete
  2. For super sequined shorts:

    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34319329

    ReplyDelete